Driving on a high-way or freeway is fun for everyone. Everyone wants a thrilling driving and create some adrenaline while driving. But we should think about our safety as well because in such scenarios the braking system plays a significant role.
It is imperative to have control over your driving and, most fundamentally, on stopping your car. In the evolutionary phase of the automobile, ABS is the best one we are having right now. Most people still not aware of the principle and working of this system.
What is Anti Lock Braking System?
In the standard braking system, when you pushed the brakes, wheels got locked, and the car slipped. But ABS does not lock the wheels and gives you control over the steering. So, you can take the necessary action to prevent any bumping. Your car cannot slip in this braking system. It is the system which consists of sensors in the brake system.
Let’s Talk About How It Works?
The basic principle of this system states that by its name itself – Anti-lock Braking System. It prevents the locking of wheels, to avoid uncontrolled steering. It improves vehicle control and reduces the stopping distance on a dry surface. This braking system is ideal for slippery or wet roads.
ABS braking technology is a combination of different sensors & hydraulics. It consists of one hydraulic control modulator, brake master cylinder, brake control module.
For better understanding:-
- Controlling the pressure to any wheel which decelerates too rapidly is the basic principle of this system.
- The speed sensor is used for measuring the speed of the wheel and sends it consistently to the computer or brake control module.
- Based on the initial brake pressure and the speed of the wheel, the module regulates the brake pressure as fast fifteen times per second.
Four Major Components of ABS Braking System
- Speed Sensor: These sensors monitor the speed of each wheel and detect the needed speed acceleration & deceleration of the wheels.
- Valves: They regulate the air pressure to the brakes during the action. The first valve position is to make like that; it allows the pressure from the master cylinder. The second one remains closed, the load coming from the master cylinder to the brakes is constrained. The third one releases some pressure on the brakes. This valve performs the same function until the car comes at a halt. The resistance we feel on the sudden brake at high speed is brake valves controlling the pressure transferred on the brakes from the master cylinder.
- Electronic Control Unit: It is the control unit module that receives, amplifies, and filters the sensor signals to calculating the wheel rotational speed and acceleration. It sets the coordination among sensors, brake pressure according to the analyzed data by the control unit.
- Hydraulic Control Unit: This unit receives the signals from ECU to apply or release the brake under the anti-locking situations. It controls the brakes by increasing hydraulic pressure or bypassing the pedal force to decrease the braking power.
Car Repair Workshop For Repairing ABS Braking System
Anti-lock Braking System repair does not present in every regular car repair workshop. You need to check the tools and mechanics before visiting any auto workshop for brake system repair.
There is software present in the market to scan the system and diagnose it—the Address Auto Main. LLC is well equipped for all types of car repair services. All you need to visit The Address Auto Workshop and book your appointment today.
Suppose you are thinking about the pricing and looking for an estimate for the repair. Do not worry, send your query today and we will let you know the cost.
We have different experts for different types of repair jobs. Our technicians are well trained and eminent for delivering the work on time. That is why we can complete the task on time and save your’s precious time.